Saturday 2 March 2013

☆ENGLISH UPDATE☆

It's been a few weeks since my JET program interview, and I have finally put it out of my mind. That first week was taken up by worry that I'd stuffed it up completely. Now, I'm leaving the decision up to the gods. 

So, I have neglected my Japanese a little over the last few weeks. Deva has taken over a little, and despite having told him to go away and bug someone else, he keeps telling me that I'm making no progress whatsoever. Apparently there is just too much to learn that there's no point in trying anymore! My heavens, he can get nasty.

So, I have decided to focus on my other languages for a time. I have neglected them and with all this cold, rainy weather we're having here at the mo, I feel much more motivated to study cold, coniferous European languages.

I am having a crisis. I have always wanted to study Swedish and after listening to all my old Kent CDs, I really, really want to learn it! It is not fair. I didn't ask for this obsessive desire to learn every language in the world. It's really hard to manage. Not only does it frustrate me to know that it is impossible to learn every language, it makes me neglect languages I have been learning and of course as we all know, in the end I will never develop fluency and be able to speak a little of many languages instead of a lot of one language. Jack of all trades, master of NONE. This is quite unrelated to my Japanese studies, but I have this list (several lists that change depending on my mood) which I try and stick to. It is there to limit me and my desire to conquer every language under the sun. If I stick to my list, I may end up able to converse in maybe three languages. If I stray from it, I will be overwhelmed. I keep straying... it's not good. 

So, I will "eurofy" my language studies a little and then hopefully Deva will find another fellow to hang with, giving me back my enthusiasm and study powers to focus on Japanese.

I will head off soon for yet another holiday and with all this rain hopefully I wont become stranded and unable to return! I might take Deva with me and try and convince him to stay there for some time! 

Ok, ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment