Wednesday 8 May 2013

Chicken Karaage Recipe!

Ok, so I love Japanese curry rice and karaage (Japanese fried chicken). It's out there now and I can't take it back! Why am I concerned about saying this to everyone? Cos I overheard a lady saying that Japanese curry rice (カレーライス) is usually only a kid's meal! (Please tell me this isn't true. It does sound quite silly... so I'll just pretend I never heard her). 






Anyway, I have been making curry rice with karaage for dinners for the last few months (not every night unfortunately). Oh my heavens, I love it so much. 

However, the problem I have been having is with the karaage (and I kinda wish I could make the curry spicier). When I have been cooking the karaage, it never stays crispy and the batter usually disintegrated while I fry it.






That was until I found cooking with dog's video for making it properly! In case you are all desperate to make karaage at home, here is the video below!





Oh, I love those guys so much. It is by far my favourite cooking show around! (Sorry Nigella, but "cook" and Francis have something you dont...) Oh, and now I'm hungry...

So, I followed their recipe the other night and IT WORKED! I had the most luscious, crispy karaage! If anyone wants to make Japanese food at home (and some other recipes too), cooking with dog make the recipes seem so simple and do-able at home. I will be making mochi ice cream for my friends in a few weeks and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment