Wednesday 7 March 2012

Vocab!

Hi all! I was writing something in Japanese the other day about something I felt really strongly about. I noticed that my sentences in Japanese seemed to make sense and somehow I felt able to express my opinion with the words I knew. Compared to writing on Lang8 about everyday topics like gardening, drinking coffee, having lunch etc, I felt much more able to express myself. When I write about everyday topics, the use of language seems much more disjointed and vague. I should practice writing more Japanese about topics I feel strongly about! Take that, Deva!!

Here is my weeks vocabulary list! Some good words there, if I do say so myself! この言葉は出来るだけに覚える。(I'll learn the words as best I can?)

合法化する(ごうほうかする)- to legalise
伝統的な(でんとうてきな)- traditional, conventional
伝統(でんとう)- tradition
首相(しゅしょう)- Prime Minister
政府(せいじ)- government
政府(せいふ)- politics
社会(しゃかい)- society
文化(ぶんか)- culture
毛布(もうふ)- blanket
認める(みとめる)- to recognise, to appreciate
暫く(しばらく)- a little while, short while, moment, instant
呪文(じゅもん)- spell, charm, incantation, magic word
費用(ひよう)- cost, expense
急いで(いそいで)- hurriedly
急ぐ(いそぐ)- to hurry, to rush, to hasten, to make something happen sooner
用意(ようい)- preparation
そんなに - so much so, like that
お八つ(おやつ)- afternoon snack
ちゃんと - perfectly, properly, exactly
出来るだけ早く(できるだけはやく)- as soon as possible
出来るだけ(できるだけ)- as much as one can, as much as possible, if at all possible
其の儘(そのまま)- without change, as it is

Ok, here's some Teriyaki Boyz for you to listen to. I'm not into hiphop, but it was cool to hear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment